The Benefits of Switching to Cloud Hosting
Whether you are just starting your business and setting up your website or you have had one in place for a long time, you may have questions about your next move for your site. Most people stick to what they perceive as easy, but that’s not necessarily the best approach. Shared hosting, for example, offers very nice affordable features that are easy for the beginner and the experienced hand to manage. The growth of your business can lead to increased online traffic and the need for you to determine what else your hosting package can do for you.
Here is a brief look at cloud hosting and its benefits, so that you can make an educated decision which may prove to be the difference between online stagnation and continued success.
What is Cloud Hosting
Cloud hosting is different from shared hosting in that it holds your website across a network of servers, creating a virtual environment that appears seamless to visitors. By contrast, shared hosting holds your website on a single server at a physical location. There are many cloud hosting companies to choose from.
So cloud hosting may seem like a more complicated system against the simplicity of shared hosting, but it does have certain advantages, including virtualization, storage redundancies, and scalability.
What Cloud Hosting Offers
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from your cloud hosting:
- Enhanced Performance- With an evenly distributed load across the servers in the network, cloud hosting can maximize performance. Information is not dependent on a single server as is the case with shared hosting.
- Scalability- You can instantly control how, when, and what you upgrade as your traffic builds for your website. This allows you to maintain the speed of your site through spikes in traffic.
- Data Security- Your data is mirrored securely across several server devices, which serves two purposes. First, you will not lose any data should one server go down. And second, data backup and recovery are made easy.
- Economical- At first glance, you may think cloud hosting to be more expensive, but when you consider the features and enhancements you are getting, like free data migration, resource monitoring, and fully managed hosting, it is much more cost-effective than shared hosting. Plus, you usually only have to pay for the resources you use.
- Stability- Cloud hosting is widely known for keeping your website up and running. If a shared hosting server drops, all the websites on it go down too, but with cloud hosting, you don’t have that same concern.
- High Speed- Because cloud hosting servers are spread across a network, they have low density and do not have to carry thousands of websites on a single server. This dramatically increases your webpage loads and the ability to handle increased traffic.
When looking at the benefits of cloud hosting, you can see that it can give your website a big boost in speed, and stability. The next thing to do is to choose your cloud hosting plan to best fit the requirements of your business.